Colibri Content LLC (“Colibri”, “we”, “us”) wants to be honest and transparent with you about what we do with your data and information (“Personal Information”).
- Sales Calls
- Business Transactions
- Contact Forms
- Email Subscriptions
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Personal Information is any information that may be used to identify an individual, including, but not limited to:
- First and last name
- Business, or other physical address
- Phone number
- Email address
To make our content more relevant to you, we might also ask about
- Your job at your present place of employment
- The company name of your present place of employment
- The company size of your present place of employment
- Industry sector of your present place of employment
- Number of employees at your present place of employment
We collect Personal Information only when you voluntarily provide the information to us.
This will most likeley happen in the following scenarios, but not limited to:
- Inquiries about our services through the “Connect” page
- Signing up to email subscriptions (Can manage your email preferences)
- In a business transaction
- In an employment application
- In the comments section of our “Insights” blog
We will always retain the right to email our customers regarding the Website or services we’re providing to you.
What we do with your data
We may use and retain your information for several purposes, including , but not limited to:
- Addressing your inquiry
- Facilitating your request
- Manging content to your subscriptions
- Managing business transactions
- Nuturting a relationship with Colibri
- Ensure compliance with our policies and applicable law
Who we share your data with and when
Colibri works better together. We have partners and contractors that help with certain services, such as:
- Maintaining the Website
- Managing e-mail services
- Processing inquiries
- Collaborating on strategic plans
We may provide Personal Information to those partners and contractors when the information is necessary for them to complete a requested transaction or otherwise perform their duties.
Colibri will take reasonable steps to ensure that these third-party service providers are obligated to protect Personal Information on Colibri’s behalf.
WE WILL NOT SELL OR SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH ANY UNAFFILIATED THIRD PARTIES FOR MARKETING PURPOSES.
Special Circumstances when we disclose data
Below are the special cases when we would colelct your data.
In the event that Colibri or all of its assets are acquired, all of the data collected by Colibri would be among the transferred assets.
It is Necessary to Protect Us All
We reserve the right to disclose any information when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to bring legal action against a person who may interfering with our causing injury to:
- Colibri rights
- Colibri property
- Other Website Users
- Anyone who could be harmed by such activities
In Good Faith it is Required by Law
We reserve the right to disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it.
What about non-personal information?
When you enter our site, we collect statistical, non-personal information about the use of the Website, including but not limited to:
- When a User first visited our Website
- What sites Users have come from
- How many times Users visit a specific page on our Website
- How long Users stay on a page on our Website
- Which hyperlinks, if any, Users “click” on our Website
Please note that this data will in NO WAY personally identify you or any other Users to the Website.
In addition, we may use the IP address to infer information about these Users, including
- City and state
We collect this information through the use of “cookies” , which will be explained in further detail below.
Why we collect non-personal information
We collect non-personal information to:
- Enhance the Website for Users
- Improve the way we do business with our clients
- Describe the use of the Website to existing or potential business partners
- Describe the use of the Website to sponsors, or advertisers
- Describe the use of the Website to other third-parties
- Describe the use of the Website in respose to a governemnt request
Again, this information DOES NOT PERONSALLY IDENTIFY YOU. Cookies basically groups your data with a bunch of other people’s data to make general, statistically relevant assumptions about the larger population of Users to the Website.
What in the world are Cookies?
A cookie is a small text file that a website transfers to an individual’s web browser and is stored on the device. It includes the non-personal information we use to aggregate data about Users as a whole, and not you specifically.
Some of the pages on the Colibri Website utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies.
- Obtain any Personal Information about you
- Store any Personal Information about you
- Maintain any Personal Information about you.
- Link the information we store in cookies to any Personal Information about you
Except in extreme cases…
However, in some of the special cases that were described above, we reserve the right to use tracking technologies and IP adresses to identify a User only when we feel it is necessary to
- Protect customers
- Protect others
- Enforce compliance with the Site’s policies
- Protect the Site
- It is necessary in good faith because the law requires it
What do cookies do
Cookies and other tracking technologies may record information such as:
- Referral URL
- URL and domain requests
- Internet protocol (IP) addresses
- Browser software and operating system types
- Clickstream patterns
- Dates and times that our Website gets accessed.
Cookies allow us to collect technical and navigational information (typically referred to as “Session Cookies”), such as
- Time spent on our Website
- Which pages on our Website were visited
- Browser type
Cookies allow us to collect for advertisement purposes for our products and services (typically referred to as “Advertising Cookies”), such as
- Special offers
- When you visit other websites
However, you may
- Set browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie
- Choose to block cookies with your browser
- Opt out of any of the “Advertising Cookies” at any time by simply visiting https://www.colibricontent.com/to adjust your preferences.
To find out more about your ‘Do Not Track’ options, please visit http://www.allaboutDNT.com.
If you click on a hyperlink in our Website that leads you to another site, we are not responsible for the privacy practices of these other sites. We cannot guarantee the security of any of your Personal Information collected on any site you decide to “click” on and visit from Colibri. Please review those privacy policies if you are concerned about what is being done with your Personal Information.
This Website is not intended for use by children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly or intentionally try to collect Personal Information from any person under the age of 13.
If we find out that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from someone under the age of 13, we will make all efforts to remove this information from our database.
Governing law: The United States of America
Users who use this Website and reside outside of the United States do so on their own initiative. These Users are responsible for compliance with local laws when they are applicable.
By using our Website, you consent to the transfer and use of your information inside the governing law of the United States of America.
If you have any questions regarding Colibri privacy practices, you are encouraged to contact Colibri at firstname.lastname@example.org.